Job Type: Part-Time (30 hours/week) at $20/hr with online and in-person meetings
Our mission-driven nonprofit is looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for ensuring the success of IGNITE Worldwide programs for girls and gender non-conforming students such as company field trips, in-school Panel presentations, remote workshops and more. Key responsibilities include timely and professional communications, using Google Suite applications to organize and utilize information, maintaining IGNITE’s website on WordPress, and being a warm and welcoming organizational representative. The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized doer who is an enthusiastic collaborator as well as an independent worker.
To be successful in this role, you will bring excellent communication, administrative, and technical skills as well as the ability to interface professionally with partners at technology companies, volunteers, and local educators. This position will work with and report to the Program Manager and Executive Director. This role has the potential opportunity to lead to a full-time position.
We encourage candidates to review the qualifications and key responsibilities and below. If you believe you have the skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in this position to email@example.com.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent comprehension of essential computer technologies including Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including STEM professionals, teachers, volunteers and students
- Maturity and professional judgement; ease in working with senior staff
- Resourceful and flexible, with the ability to anticipate challenges and act on opportunities
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Fast and willing to learn online programs and applications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A positive and empathetic attitude
- Commitment to cultivating and growing a community of women in STEM
High Proficiency in:
- Google Suite Applications
- Constant Contact (or comparable software)
- Microsoft Office
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Hootsuite)
- Coordinating events with high profile STEM companies
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Partnering with teachers and school districts to organize and manage events
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with company partners and volunteers
- Manage & edit IGNITE’s WordPress website
- Create and organize documents, data entry
- Respond to clients via email & phone
- Research as required
- Create content for marketing emails and newsletters
- Representing IGNITE at occasional events and volunteer fairs
About IGNITE Worldwide:
IGNITE’s mission is to create opportunities to spark girls’ excitement about technology careers and inspire them to new possibilities. IGNITE lights them up. Girls and gender non-confirming youth in grades 4-12 from all backgrounds interact with professional women in technology careers during the school day. Students glimpse themselves as innovators and entrepreneurs through stories of successful women who work and live in their communities. Working with teachers to implement the IGNITE program, we increase girls’ and non-binary students’ interest and participation in STEM courses and higher education. Learn more at www.igniteworldwide.org.