- Become a Supporter
- Become a Volunteer
- Start a Chapter
- Host an Event
- Subscribe to News
"I really enjoyed the panel. I feel that as a woman, my world just got a little bit bigger and I have opportunities no matter what my circumstances. Thank you!" -Chenoa, 11th Grade
Learn more about your donation
Inspire more self-identifying girls and non-binary students to pursue STEM opportunities
Your gift today will help support IGNITE as we work to provide opportunities to self-identifying girls and non-binary students to learn more about STEM careers via funded workshops, go on field trips to colleges and companies, and connect with STEM mentors for inspiration and guidance.More Ways to make a difference
Click here to check if your employer will match your donation which doubles your dollars for more impact for IGNITE!
Use IGNITE's Amazon Smile link to make purchases through Amazon. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support IGNITE every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to IGNITE.
------------------------- All donations will be gratefully acknowledged and are tax deductible.
Our volunteers range from sharing their career journeys in technology, to becoming regular mentors inspiring self-identifying girls and non-binary students to explore opportunities in STEM."So many of these girls are like me. They are bright & curious, but so involved with trying just to make it that they can’t see all the opportunities available to them. IGNITE really makes a difference by helping them to see some of the things they might have missed.” — Joanne Brandsma, Center of Excellence Program Manager, Microsoft
“The stories of the women from Cisco and Microsoft who become successful despite their struggles being the only women in male-dominated fields reminded me of my own struggles to fit in at Ballard. My first thought was "Wow, they are just like me.” I was inspired by how they were able to work through their obstacles and succeed."— Martha Flores, IGNITE student, University of Washington Read more about the latest events and how volunteers have made a difference in the lives of so many self-identifying girls and non-binary students!
Whether you have 5 hours or 50 hours,
volunteer with IGNITE and start inspiring the lives of self-identifying girls and non-binary students in your area!
IGNITE Volunteer Opportunities:
PanelistsThe heart of IGNITE’s curriculum are the in-school panel discussions featuring professional women in STEM careers: sharing their career journey with a group of self-identifying girls and non-binary students (anywhere from 20-100 students). Panelist responsibilities include:
- Sessions are scheduled October – May during the school year.
- Volunteer time is approximately 90 minutes including a lunch, not including travel time.
- Panelists are asked to give a 10-minute talk about their own experience and there is an open Q&A session with the girls at the end.
- Read IGNITE Panel Presentation Flyers for more detail
Guest SpeakersProfessionals willing to provide solo talks to IGNITE chapters at a time of your choosing during the school day on a subject related to careers in science and technology. We typically plan for 60-90 minutes per session, not including travel time. Read IGNITE Panel Presentation Flyers for more detail.
MentorsIGNITE is looking for professionals willing to establish one or more 1:1 relationships with current students, providing guidance and answering questions over email or in person as desired.
Company Field TripsIf your company is open to having field trip events - please contact us. We would love to partner to make that happen. Having self-identifying girls and non-binary students visit companies in their communities is an important part of the program that inspires the students, creates good community participation, and gives employees a chance to help self-identifying girls and non-binary students in local schools. Learn more about how our Corporate Technology Partners work with IGNITE.
Chapter ChampionsIf an IGNITE chapter does not exist in your area, consider becoming a Chapter Champion to serve as the local liaison to establish a lasting IGNITE presence in a specific school district. Chapter Champion responsibilities include:
- Meeting with school district officials or STEM educators
- Assisting in or leading fundraising efforts (approximate startup costs for an IGNITE chapter are $2,500- $5,000)
- Outreach to establish a base of local professionals to serve as panelists and speakers
The IGNITE program is award winning and effectively increases awareness and interest in STEM careers among self-identifying girls and non-binary students.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Pay for your annual IGNITE chapter membership:
The annual membership fee is $5,000
2. Register your Chapter and member schoolsDownload and complete the Chapter Registration, and send to email@example.com. You have 60 days to register your chapter once you pay your first member school registration fee.
3. Schedule a planning sessionAfter you read the Toolkit, contact us to schedule a session and get a personalized plan designed to meet the specific needs of your member school.
Panel Presentation with an IGNITE Chapter SchoolIGNITE will partner with your company to develop an opt-in program for employees to receive invitations to IGNITE events at a local school to participate as a panel member. Our invitations include all related information including logistics. Participants will receive a preparation flyer with instruction on how to best prepare for the event and should plan on 90 minutes for the duration. We can provide an in person training for employees upon execution of the partnership or a prep-call for those interested. The Panel Presentations typically take place over the lunch hour and food is provided for the students and panelists to enjoy together.
Technology Partner Field TripAs a Corporate Event Partner, you can host an IGNITE field trip at your location. IGNITE will transport 20-40 self-identifying girls and non-binary students to your company for a 3-4 hour field trip. The model we have developed typically includes the following:
- Corporate tour – Including a walk-through of the work environment and introduction to a showcase product or item that sets your company apart from others.
- Panel Presentation – IGNITE will coordinate with you a hosted lunch just after the tour. The lunch will follow the presentation model as listed above. The essence of any IGNITE event is the girls hearing women’s stories.