We appreciate you and couldn't exist without your hard work and dedication.
Once you’ve determined the date of your panel, we will recruit the speakers for you. The average IGNITE Panel will have 3-6 speakers and must be 90 minutes in length (less time does not allow for speakers to tell their stories in full or cuts short the q&a portion- both of which are critical parts of the Panel); please do not include set up and clean up in these 90 minutes.
You must give us at least 2 weeks lead time to find volunteers (more than 2 weeks is ideal).
Before we can recruit volunteers, you need to sign up to host a Panel using this form. The form will require you submit the following information:
- Name and location of school where IGNITE Panel will be held
- IGNITE Chapter Leader hosting the event (email address and cell number)
- Date and start/end time (IGNITE Panels must be 90 minutes in length)
- Arrival time for speakers
When volunteer sign up to speak at your school, IGNITE will forward their contact information to you. You must email the volunteers and introduce yourself. It is very important that you check in with the volunteers at least once before the event so that they feel confident about your event. In this same email, please include:
- The details of the event (time, date, etc)
- Parking information
- Where to sign in (Will someone at the office direct them to the location of the Panel? Will they be met by a student?)
- Anything else you think is important to include
Please review the following items and have them printed & ready for the day of the Panel:
- IGNITE Panel Script- This is a script showing teachers exactly what to say and how to run an IGNITE Panel. You must be present to moderate for the whole Panel
- IGNITE Flyer for Students- Have this flyer available to students during the Panel
- Student Questions for Panel Presentation- Please ensure students have these questions during the Panel to help facilitate the Q&A portion
- Event Survey- All students must fill this out immediately following the IGNITE Panel
- Photo/Video Release Form- If required by your school, please have parents sign this form so IGNITE can use the photos taken
IGNITE Field Trips
We have a partnerships with many stellar companies who are ready to host a group of girls and provide them with an unforgettable day.
Please view & sign up for the field trips we have available here. Pay close attention to the number of girls allowed on each trip- we expect all of the spots to be filled by your group, if this is ever an issue please contact us immediately so we can find a solution. Luckily there are usually more girls than spots available- we suggest creating a waitlist to ensure no opportunity is wasted in case one or more of your students cannot attend the day-of.
Before visiting the company you will need to print the following items:
- Student Questions for Panel Presentation - Pass this out to students during the Panel presentation
- Event Survey- Have the girls fill out the surveys immediately following the event, or on the bus ride home
- Photo/Video Release Form- If required by your school, please have parents sign this form before the trip so IGNITE can use the photos taken
Field Trip details:
- Most trips will begin at 10:00am and end at 1:15-1:30pm.
- Schools order and pay for buses and subs - IGNITE cannot arrange any part of this.
- Lunch will always be provided by the company you are visiting. You will need to tell IGNITE about any dietary preferences in advance of the trip.
- A list of student & chaperone names will need to be provided 3-5 days prior to most field trips. The companies we partner with require this for security reasons.
- You will be provided with a company contact phone number for the morning of the event, we will also pass on your cell number to the company contact
- Remember to take lots of photos on your trip- at least one group photo is ideal. We will need at least 5 non-blurry, well lit, photos.
IGNITE Field Trip Partners
After your Event
This is what we look for in an event-report:
- Summary of the event (who were you welcomed by, what was the tour like, what activity did you do, anything memorable about the panel, etc)
- Thank the hosts, panelists, and volunteers who helped create your event, by name (as applicable)
- 5-10 of the comments from the girls’ surveys
Within two weeks of your Field Trip or Panel, please email the following items to IGNITE's Program Manager (email@example.com):
- Event report
- Scanned in surveys
- Any of your own personal feedback about the event
- If possible, please share with your students ahead of time what will be happening at the in-school Panel, or a little bit about the company you will be visiting.
- When planning your IGNITE events at the beginning of the year, please refer to the School Schedule Template
- All speakers and company volunteers will have been trained by Cathi Rodgveller, IGNITE's Founder & CEO
- Create your own flyer to recruit students for events or use the Event Flyer Template
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT - If for any reason you think you may need to cancel a Panel or Field Trip, please contact us at IGNITE right away. DO NOT CONTACT THE COMPANY. We know this can happen for many reasons and our volunteers and companies are understanding but the later an event is cancelled the more damaging it is to our relationship with the volunteers or company and the less likely they are to participate in the future.