New to IGNITE Worldwide?
Volunteering is easy! Please follow the steps below.
That's it! After you have completed our training, please view and sign up for speaking opportunities.
- First, subscribe to our mailing list. This way you will receive all new volunteer opportunities!
- Next, please complete our 10-minute volunteer training.
- That’s it! You are ready to browse our volunteer opportunities and sign up to speak on a panel.
- Once you are registered for a panel or event, the IGNITE teacher will email you before the event with any information you will need to know for the day of.
- All you need to do then is show up and be ready to share your story to inspire girls in STEM! 🙂
If you have any questions about volunteering with IGNITE, please contact us. For Washington, contact email@example.com. For California, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can view current volunteer opportunities in Washington or California. Please keep in mind that panels are not scheduled in June-August, when schools are on summer break.
- Once you find an event you would like to attend to speak at, choose that event and click the green ‘Register’ button. This will take you to a registration form.
- Submit your registration, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Most IGNITE panels are held at middle and high schools. Panels can also be part of a company field trip, or an IGNITE conference at a local college.
Feel free to wear whatever you normally would, casual or business is fine.
It is great that you found your place in STEM despite following a nontraditional path. However, it is increasingly more competitive and difficult to do this (and to move around once you have a career). If you were a teenager today, what would you tell yourself about taking STEM classes and preparing for your future? We want to encourage students to develop skills in STEM. For example, a 2-year STEM degree could make an incredible difference in creating an attainable future!
Having visuals of any kind can be really helpful! If you have slides you would like to include, that is great! We ask that you let us know in advance so we can communicate this with the IGNITE teacher so the classroom is prepared.
You can! Please contact us and we will introduce you to each other over email.
For Washington, email email@example.com
For California, email firstname.lastname@example.org