STEM Video Contest for Girls and Non-Binary Students
Enter for the chance to win up to $500!
We want to hear from YOU!
Who can enter? Girls and non-binary students up to 19 years old.
When is the deadline? The deadline has been extended to Friday, April 9th.
What could I win? All entries will be judged and the top submissions will be awarded prizes ranging from $100-$500!
What should I submit? A video (90 seconds or less) of you sharing about your experience in IGNITE and how it has inspired you, or why you think STEM is important for girls. See the submission guidelines below to learn more.
Where will my video be shared? Your video may be shared with the IGNITE Worldwide community on our website, newsletter and social media. Winning entries will receive extra promotion!
Can I share my video on social media? Yes! You are welcome to share your entry on social media and tag IGNITE Worldwide. Be sure to use the hashtag #IGNITEYourVoice!
If you have attended an IGNITE event:
- Feel free to find the event(s) you attended on IGNITE Worldwide’s website and locate the comments you left. You are welcome to read your comments for your video submission!
- How did the IGNITE event(s) inspire you? Was there a particular moment (like hearing a woman’s story) that inspired you?
- What did the event inspire you to do?
- Is there anything you learned at the event(s) about STEM that inspired you?
If you have not yet attended an IGNITE event:
- Why do you think it is important for more women and non-binary people to be in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)? How will this make the world a better place?
- Your video must be 90 seconds or less
- Please do not say your last name in your video. First name is fine!
- Upload formats accepted: .MOV, .MP4, .MPG, .FLV, and .AVI. Size limit is 200MB.
- It can be filmed on a phone, computer, tablet, or any other device!
- You are allowed to add graphics, captions, stickers, or anything you would like. Be as creative as you want!
- If you choose to add music, make sure we can still hear your voice clearly.
- Your parents must sign the media release form when you submit your video. If there are multiple participants in your video, a signed form is required from each participant’s legal guardian.
Your submission will be scored by a panel of IGNITE community members on a 10 point scale on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality
- Quality and thoughtfulness of video content
- Relevance to the contest prompts
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by IGNITE Worldwide in its sole and conclusive determination.
- Students may submit as many video entries as they wish. However, only 1 prize will be awarded per student/team.
- IGNITE Worldwide maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- By accepting the prizes, winners agree to hold IGNITE Worldwide and all IGNITE Worldwide employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of such prizes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.