Feedback from Highline’s Tech Fest:
- 88% said this career experience helped them better understand their future interests and plans after high school.
- 92% said this experience helped them think about school in a new way or motivated them to do better in school.
- 100% said we should offer this event again in the future.
- Don’t doubt yourself because it is unimaginable what you might become in the future. “This motivated me to become a better student.”
- “It made me have more confidence in what I want to do and make a better plan.”
- “One of the speakers story made me realize I shouldn’t give up no matter how hard life gets.”
- “The panel was super inspirational and the speed networking helped me develop new skills.”
- “Shaking hands with the professionals was scary at first, but then I got used to it. I was nervous I would forget what I wanted to say, but I gained confidence by the end of it.”
- “I really liked the demos, especially the circuit pen – it was so cool! I also got to meet Dr. Enfield and she even hugged me!!!”
- “Don’t doubt yourself. You can do more than you think you can.”
- “The career mentors really helped me think about my future career.”
- “Just don’t give up.”
- “I got to learn professional body language and also the different types of career opportunities.”
- “It gives us motivation and makes us rethink our future.”
Isn’t this so wonderful? I’ve shared these survey results with all of the professional volunteers. They were amazing and I am so grateful to them, and to you, for supporting this work. THANK YOU.