IGNITE Worldwide has been named a Grand Stevie Award winner and winner of 10 Stevie® Awards, including three Gold Awards, in the 17th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business. The Stevie Awards for Women in Business honor women executives, entrepreneurs, employees, and the companies they run, worldwide. The Stevie Awards have been hailed as the world’s premier business awards.
More than 1,500 entries were submitted this year for consideration in more than 100 categories. IGNITE Worldwide was one of only five organizations to receive the Grand Stevie Award trophy, the highest honor in the competition.
Additionally, IGNITE Worldwide was recognized with the following awards:
- Education Hero of the Year, Gold Stevie® Winner: Cathi Rodgveller, Founder & CEO, IGNITE Worldwide
- Lifetime Achievement – Government or Non-Profit, Gold Stevie® Winner: Cathi Rodgveller, Founder & CEO, IGNITE Worldwide
- Female Employee of the Year – Government or Non-Profit, Gold Stevie® Winner: Amber Zertuche, San Francisco Bay Area Regional Director, IGNITE Worldwide
- Community Involvement Program of the Year, Silver Stevie® Winner: IGNITE Worldwide
- Organization of the Year – Government or Non-Profit (10 or Less Employees), Silver Stevie® Winner: IGNITE Worldwide
- Female Innovator of the Year – Government or Non-Profit (10 or Less Employees), Silver Stevie® Winner: Cathi Rodgveller, Founder & CEO, IGNITE Worldwide
- Female Employee of the Year – Government or Non-Profit, Silver Stevie® Winner: Becky Fuller, Program Manager, IGNITE Worldwide
- Most Innovative Woman of the Year – Government or Non-Profit, Silver Stevie® Winner: Cathi Rodgveller, Founder & CEO, IGNITE Worldwide
- Woman of the Year – Government or Non-Profit, Silver Stevie® Winner: Cathi Rodgveller, Founder & CEO, IGNITE Worldwide
- COVID-19 Most Valuable Non-Profit Response, Bronze Stevie® Winner: IGNITE Worldwide
Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award winners were determined by the average scores of more than 180 business professionals around the world, working on seven juries. IGNITE was one of a handful of organizations that stood out with four or more winning nominations.
Judges praised IGNITE for a “Great effort an impact,” “Highly valuable contribution to improving lives through education,” and “A great example of adjusting operations from traditional in-person services to digital empowerment!” One judge noted: “The cause is necessary, the results exciting, and the method is extraordinary. I am completely impressed that a small team puts all of this together.”
“I could not be more proud,” said IGNITE Worldwide’s Founder and CEO, Cathi Rodgveller. “This is a testament to how incredible this team is and how important our work is at IGNITE. I am so fortunate to work alongside the most talented women I know to reach higher each day and make this world better for girls everywhere.”
Details about the Stevie Awards for Women in Business and the list of Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners in all categories are available at www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
About IGNITE Worldwide
For 21 years, IGNITE Worldwide has been closing the gender gap in STEM. IGNITE works directly with teachers during the school day to provide programming that promotes STEM education and career advancement for girls and non-binary youth from historically marginalized communities. Through hands-on events that connect students with role models who live and work in their communities, students recognize new possibilities for their futures. IGNITE serves 60 U.S. school districts and 50 countries around the world, inspiring and empowering 10,000 girls and non-binary students every year. Learn more and get involved at www.igniteworldwide.org.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in eight programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, the Middle East & North Africa Stevie Awards The American Business Awards®, The International Business Awards®, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 12,000 entries each year from organizations in more than 70 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com.